In answering a frequently asked question ‘How to set up your Mailchimp opt-in’, please find outlined step by step instructions.
Having an opt-in on your website is a great way to build your mailing list, and allowing you to regularly connect with your audience. You should never truly rely on social media platform, if they were to close down tomorrow….where would you be?
You do not need to have a paid Mailchimp account to set this opt-in up. If you wanted to run autorepsonders, then you do need a paid Mailchimp account. If you want to find out more about setting autoresponder, please click here to ‘How to set up your Mailchimp Autoresponder‘
I have bullet pointed the step below, however if you would like a full version of this with screen visuals to help you along, then please click here for my Step by Step Beginners Guide.
- Sign into Mailchimp
- Click on Lists
- Select your mailing list you want to assign your opt-in to.
- Click on Signup forms
- Click on General Forms
- Under Create Form, you can design and fix up your sign up form.
- Shows your sign up URL, this you can copy and paste to give people the sign up form.
- This area allows you to customise your opt-in display, adding logo, customising colours and adding in details about your opt-in.
- Click on the drop-down menu showing Signup Form
- Click on Confirmation ‘thank you’ pageYou have two options under this section, 1) to have the opt-in downloadable from your Mailchimp account, or 2) to have the opt-in downloadable from your website.
- To create the opt-in downloadable from Mailchimp complete the following steps;
- Simply type your text
- Advise them to CLICK HERE grab their document
- Highlight the text or document you are linking the PDF file to.
- Click the paperclip icon above and insert FILE
- Save & close.
- To create the opt-in downloadable from your website complete the following steps;
- Create a ‘Thank you’ Page, that isn’t part of your main menu.
- Insert the PDF link on the page
- Publish the page
- Copy the page URL
- Paste the page URL in the box ‘Instead of showing this thank you page, send subscribers to another URL‘
- Click Save
- Do a test run to make sure everything flows are you desire.
- You are all set to go!
If you would like First Step Virtual Assistant to do this for you, please click through to our Newsletter page to see the available options.
If you would like First Step Virtual Assistant to set this up for you, please feel free to contact us.